Blogging is an adventure, along the way I meet fabulous people, inspiring and creative, spiritual and grateful people, funny and serious all finding their path, their place in the community. I recently read a post by Brandi @ Finding the Path For Me. Brandi posted 7 things about herself and I thought hey… I can do that.. haha.. easier said than done. I do love this idea, a great way to get to know eachother. So, Here goes…
- I am a Sagittarius, not sure what that means, but it seems like a good place to start and something you may not know about me :). I am 50 years old and in a hurry to post before I am 51. One of my goals this year was to blog, so here I am.
- I was a single mom for 16 years. My first husband and daughter’s dad hasn’t been seen or heard from since my daughter was 3 years old. My husband today has openly and whole heartedly embraced my daughter as his own, he loves her unconditionally as I do his daughter. We are a ‘blended family’ who has had our struggles but make it work the best we know how. (umm, was that 3 things?)
- I ramble (see #2 as well as most my posts!).
- I struggle with co-dependency, this may (or not) be a later post, but it’s a bad habit and one that often puts me in a position of ‘needing’ to be accepted by even the harshest critics and always questioning what I did wrong or can do different. This is not to be confused with ‘dependency’ addictions, I am a ‘co-dependent’. It speaks volumes who know where I am coming from.
- I am a Grandmother. I have three grandsons (2 from a previous marriage/my son in law) They are 8, 15, 17. All beautifully handsome and kind boys. My daughter may never ever know just how much I admire the job she has done as a mom and step mom, but I admire her so much for the life she has given them. I’ll post about them some day, but uncertain how much is too much with blogging yet. Life has not always been easy for them, but she loves her boys and her husband with all her heart.
- I am the oldest of 4. I have two brothers who live further away and a sister nearby. My parents are both alive and thriving in retirement. They are more active than most retired adults I know. They travel, find time for ALL their grandchildren near and far , best grandparents I know. They are known to host frequent sleepovers with the young kids. They make time for each of us individually even if it’s a phone call, they take time to just catch up on what is going on in our lives.
- So, I laid in bed wondering what #7 would be and it came to me! I sleep with SEVEN PILLOWS.. true story – SEVEN PILLOWS, my husband and one of my two German Shepherds. My husband has his own two pillows in case your wondering.
There you have it. ME. Me in a post, summed up in seven parts. I hope you’ll join ‘us’ in posting your seven things and share/ link/ pass it on 🙂 (see links in earlier part of my post).
Thanks for reading, stopping by. For you who have been here before, Thanks so very much for sticking with me through my ‘learning’ experience.